Driver:- the person hiring the vehicle.
Hirer :- the person hiring the vehicle.
We :- Highland Classic Car Hire.
Us :- Highland Classic Car Hire.
All drivers of the hire vehicles agree that from the time that they receive the hire vehicle to the time they return the vehicle they will be ‘in charge’ of the vehicle and agree:
1. Not to use the vehicle in any way that contravenes the Highway Code, Road Traffic Law or any other laws enforced at any time.
2. Not allow any other drivers to drive our vehicles or carry any more passengers than the vehicle is designed for.
3. Not to tow or push any other object or vehicle using the vehicle.
4. That when the vehicle is not in use always leave in a safe and secure manner, activating any security devices fitted to the vehicle, closing all windows and locking doors and securing keys away from the vehicle.If the vehicle is left overnight the hood must be raised.
5. Not use the vehicle in any improper manner or in any way that may cause damage to the vehicle. This includes transporting animals or objects liable to cause damage or soil the vehicle in any way. If the vehicle is returned to us excessively soiled, there may be a charge for cleaning.
6. Smoking is not permitted in the vehicle at any time and the vehicle must not be loaded over the maximum permitted weight.
7. Not to drive the vehicle if they become unwell or unfit to drive during the hire period.
8. Not to use the vehicle for hire and reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing or being used in any contest, reliability or speed trials.
9. If the vehicle chosen becomes unavailable due to accident or mechanical breakdown beyond our control we will offer another vehicle of equivalent quality or price or an alternative date. If the alternative is unacceptable then a full refund will be offered.
10. If the vehicle is stolen they must inform the police and us as soon as they become aware of it and obtain a crime reference number from the police.
11. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the company any vehicle or property left at Highland Classic Car Hire's premises is done entirely at the customers own risk.
12. CANCELLATION if you cancel 31 days prior to date of hire a £25.00 admin fee will be charged. If you cancel less than 30 days prior to the hire period a £50 admin fee will be charged.